Smart TV is not the best device to browse the internet as we all have smartphones in our hands all time. But still, nowadays, many people are asking, “Can I browse the internet on my smart TV?”
New smart TVs come up with many latest features, including internet browsing. So, if you have a new smart TV, YES you can browse the internet on your smart TV. But we can’t promise anything in the case of an old device.
If you have a new smart TV and still can’t browse the internet, you might be facing two famous problems. So, keep reading this comprehensive article:
How to Browse the Internet on Smart TV?
If you can’t browse the internet on your smart TV, there is a possibility that you don’t know how to do it. If that’s the case with you, don’t worry, as we have a step-by-step guide for you.
- Simply go to the TV menu using your TV remote. You can find the menu button easily on the remote.
- After that, choose your favorite or any available internet browser (like google chrome).
- That’s it! Now, click on the browser icon and search or browse anything you want.
Just like your phone and pc, you can now visit different internet sites and perform different activities.
Note: In different smart TV, interference or names of options (like apps and menu) are different. But you will always find a browser in the main menu.
Why Are You Unable to Browse the Internet on Smart TV?
Now, you know the way to find a browser and browse the internet. Right? If you still are unable to browse the internet on the big screen, you might be facing a genuine problem. Here are three problems that you might be facing:
- You don’t have an internet connection on your smart TV. If you also can’t use apps like Youtube, this might be your issue.
- You don’t have recommended browser. Every TV company wants you to use its browser, so you must have that specific browser to surf the internet.
- Your internet browser is not updated or up to date. A browser might not work if it’s not updated after a particular interval of time.
How to Solve the Issue of Not Being Able to Browse the Internet on Smart TV?
You are still reading. It means that you need a solution regarding ‘browsing the internet on smart TV.’ We have multiple solutions from which you can choose one. Try them all if you can’t select one in the beginning.
We do proper research and make an article about can a neighbor connect to my TV? Know the complete details!
Solution One – Go over the Internet Connection:
No internet connection means no internet browsing but browsing the internet on smart tv requires way more internet speed and connectivity than a smartphone or laptop. So, if you have a slow internet connection, you might not be able to surf the internet on your big screen.
You can check whether your device has an internet connection by following these simple steps:
- Click the Home Button on your remote.
- Go to settings and find General Menu.
- After going to the general menu, click on Network.
- Here you will find the ‘Network Setting’ option. Select it and see whether your smart device has internet or not.
If you have internet and can use apps like Youtube but can’t surf the internet, you might have a slow internet connection.
Here the best solution is browsing the internet on any other device (like a smartphone). Otherwise, try other solutions or increase your internet speed.
You can also try another solution that might work for you:
Restart the Router:
The problem with the internet connection can be because of your router. So, restart the router by simply removing it from the plug and then re-plug it after one minute of rest.
Change the DNS:
You can also try changing the DNS manually by going to the setting. Here put ‘18.104.22.168’ (a public DNS) in place of the default DNS. Now, Google will detect it and use it instead of the device’s default DNS.
Solution Two – Clean the Browser:
If every other app and function is working properly other than the internet browser, then you might need to clean it up. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings option and find ‘Web Browser Setting.’
- Click on it and choose ‘General.’
- Here you can delete your browser’s history easily.
Solution Three – Update the Browser:
Updating your browser can also be a live saver decision. Sometimes, the internet browser doesn’t work properly when not updated in the meantime.
Here’s the easiest way to update any internet browser on any brand’s smart TV:
- Go to Settings and click on the ‘Support’ icon. (In different smart TVs, this option is named differently. But you can find it easily as most TVs have the word ‘support’ in this option’s name)
- Here click on software update and select ‘update now.’
Now for the future, check the ‘auto-update’ option so that you don’t need to worry about updates in the future.
Note: You might not find any update option here. It means that your browser is already updated.
If you don’t see any update options, it means that you need any other solution.
Solution Four – Install the Browser:
If you can’t even find a browser to surf the internet, you just need to install one first. The best and most used internet browser is Google Chrome. And you can find it on most smart TVs.
Here is how you can install chrome on your Android TV:
- Firstly, you need to activate the assistant on your smart TV as you don’t have a keyboard in the smart TV but have a voice command feature. You can also connect your smart TV to your mobile phone to use the phone’s keyboard (if you have this feature).
- Now ask the assistant to ‘install chrome.’
- The assistant will take you to the play store, where you can click the ‘confirm’ button to install chrome.
After downloading, you can find the browser in the app drawer or main menu.
Now, you know that the answer to the question “Can I browse the internet on my smart TV?” is ‘Yes.’ But you still need to know many things we have added to this article.
If you still want to know anything related to the topic, ask freely!