Have you bought a new Bose headphones pair or a TV? Now, you must have a question, “Can Bose headphones connect to the TV?”
The answer is “Yes.” But this is not it as this all depends on your TV.
So, if you want to connect your Bose headphones to the TV, you need to read this comprehensive yet to-the-point article. Let’s get straight into it:
Can Bose Headphones Connect to the TV?
Do you just want to enjoy an enhanced music experience while watching the music video on the big screen?
Or do you want to enjoy TV without disturbing your family?
In either case, your TV will decide whether you can do it or not.
As your headset is wireless and works with a built-in Bluetooth system, so your TV should also have a Bluetooth system.
If your TV has a Bluetooth system, you can easily connect your headphones to the TV. But if your TV doesn’t come up with a built-in Bluetooth option, this is where the problem starts.
No Bluetooth means no connection, as there is no wire that can connect these two devices. So, in the absence of a built-in Bluetooth option, you will have to create your own Bluetooth system.
You can simply do it by buying a Bluetooth adapter. This might go out of your budget, but this is the only option.
In extremely rare cases, the TV doesn’t even support a Bluetooth adapter. In this case, you have to live without enjoying your Bose headphones with a TV, or you can buy a new TV (if you can afford it).
Don’t be sad because almost every smart TV will support at least a Bluetooth adapter. But circumspectly, before buying a Bluetooth adapter, first check whether your TV support it or not.
How to Connect Bose Headphones to Your TV?
Before anything else, you first need to know whether your TV supports Bluetooth or wireless connectivity or not.
Usually, if your smart TV has a smart remote (from the very first day), your device has a built-in Bluetooth system.
But for some companies, you can’t just rely on the smart remote. So, you can find out whether your TV supports Bluetooth system or not by following these easy steps:
- Go to settings and find the Sound Output option.
- If you can’t find the Sound Output option, click on the Sound option. (In some TVs Sound option comes first. While in others Sound Output option comes first. So, select accordingly)
- Here, you can find Bluetooth Speaker List.
Your goal here is to find the list of Bluetooth Speaker that your device support. You can find that list in either ‘Sound’ or ‘Sound Output.’
If your TV doesn’t have any list related to ‘Bluetooth Speaker Support,’ it means your TV doesn’t have any built-in Bluetooth system.
As we know, here we have two situations you can face while connecting Bose headphones with the TV, so let’s discuss both step-by-step. Now, if your TV has a built-in Bluetooth option, skip the first heading; otherwise, read both:
1. Without Built-in Bluetooth System:
As we have already told you, if you don’t have a built-in Bluetooth option, you need to buy a Bluetooth Audio Adapter.
Another benefit of buying this adapter is that you can connect more than one pair of headphones to your TV at a time without any issue.
These adapters are of different kinds, but any type will work in this case. So, buy one from a trusted brand and then follow some simples steps to watching TV silently:
- Connect your new Bluetooth Audio Adapter with power.
- After that, simply connect it to any audio output port on your TV.
- And that’s it! Now, your TV has a Bluetooth system. You can now follow the steps of 2nd heading to enjoy your Bose headphones with the TV.
Tip: Always keep your TV’s Audio Jack or Audio Output port in mind while buying a new Bluetooth Adapter. Because not every adapter fits with every audio port.
2. With Built-in Bluetooth System:
Once you already have a Bluetooth option on your TV, your work is quite simple. Just follow these instructions to enjoy TV with enhanced audio of your headset:
- Turn both devices on and put your Bose headphones on ‘discoverable or pairing mode.’
- To do that, you need to press the ‘power button’ all the way down and hold it there for a good while.
- Once a Bluetooth light starts blinking, you can stop pressing that button because it means that the device is ready for pairing.
- Now, it’s time to pick up the remote and go to the settings of your TV. You can go to settings by simply pressing the ‘home’ button.
- After that, find the ‘Network and Accessories’ option (or something like that) by scrolling down.
- It will take you to another menu. Here, you have to find Bluetooth Settings.
- After clicking on ‘Bluetooth settings,’ you can turn ON “Bluetooth” (if it’s not yet).
- After turning it on, you can see a list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Here, you might find your Bose Headphones. If not, click on the ‘add device’ option from the Bluetooth Settings menu.
- Now, your TV might take a few seconds to detect your Bose headphones.
- Once your headphones appear, select them. If you still don’t see your Bose headphones, restarting them might do the job.
Note: Every company’s TV has a different setting and name of options etc. But you can still find our given options if you compare them with your TV (if they are change).
Now, you have a complete answer to your question: Can Bose headphones connect to the TV? We have also shared every possible way to connect your TV and Bose headphones. But if your headphones are still not working with the TV, you need to call a technician or professional.