So, you are a proud user of a Vizio TV and now have heard about SmartCast on Vizio TV. Right?
There is also a thing you must already know not all Vizio TVs have SmartCast. That’s why It’s obvious that the first thing to come to your mind is, “Does My Vizio TV Have SmartCast?”
Since 2018, Vizio (company) claims to be adding SmartCast to every Vizio TV.
If you bought the TV in 2018 or after that, there are solid chances that your Vizio TV has a SmartCast. But is it guaranteed?
For that, you have to read this article. So, let’s begin:
How to Know If Your Vizio TV Has SmartCast?
Before even knowing what exactly SmartCast is, you must be interested in the way to check whether your TV has it or not. Right?
That’s why we are here with the easiest yet the most comprehensive way to do so:
- Your first step is to go through the packaging or user manual of your Vizio TV. If SmartCast is mentioned there, your job is already done; otherwise, keep reading.
- Now, you should also look for the SmartCast logo or branding. Sometimes manufacturers or retailers add a logo instead of the same. So, find it on your Vizio TV or its remote control.
- If you couldn’t find both, now locate the model number of your Vizio TV. You can typically find it on your television in the TV’s settings menu. Write it down somewhere!
- Now, go to the official Vizio website and find the section that provides information about SmartCast.
- Here, you will find a product support page. There, you will find a search bar, so enter your TV’s model number.
- After that, if your Vizio TV has SmartCast, your-searched model will be shown; otherwise, it will not.
- Once you find your TV there, check for SmartCast compatibility. With the model number and stuff, there must be some details about the features and technologies supported by your model. It will help in the future!
- If your TV was bought in or after 2018 and you still couldn’t find it, the last option is to contact Vizio customer support and ask them for help.
What is SmartCast on Vizio TV?
SmartCast is a quite new cutting-edge technology developed by Vizio. It allows users to connect their phone, laptop, or tablet directly to their Vizio TV without any additional devices.
What does that even mean?
With SmartCast, you can cast or stream any type of content from any of your devices to your Vizio TV. For example, if a movie is stored on your phone but it’s not on your Vizio TV, you can play or watch it on the big screen without any wire or stuff.
Advantages of SmartCast on Vizio TV:
After its basic definition, let’s know briefly about SmartCast’s advantages to knowing more about it:
- Getting an extensive content library has become extremely easy with SmartCast, as it gives you access to content from all of your devices.
- As SmartCast supports both free and subscription-based streaming services, you can enjoy versatile streaming options.
- Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to customize almost everything.
- Vizio SmartCast enables seamless sharing between your Vizio TV and your mobile devices.
- Its second screen experience allows you to multitask.
- As it works with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, you can control it using simple voice commands.
- Regular software updates make things even smoother.
- Vizio’s SmartCast technology supports multi-room streaming, so you can enjoy your favorite content in two different rooms at the same time.
How to Use SmartCast on Vizio TV?
There are 3 three easiest ways to use SmartCast on Vizio TV. So, just read all of them and choose which one suits you:
Method 1 – SmartCast Remote Control:
- Connect your TV to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Turn Vizio TV on and enable the remote control to use SmartCast.
- Press the “SmartCast” button on your remote control. You can find this button somewhere near the center. Now, SmartCast options will be shown on the TV.
- Navigate through the SmartCast interface and select any app or content provider you want by highlighting it with the cursor.
- Now, press the “OK” to open the selected app on the TV.
- You can select movies, TV shows, or other content with your remote control to start streaming them directly on your Vizio TV.
Method 2 – SmartCast Mobile App:
- Again! Wi-Fi connected to your Vizio Tv must be stable.
- Download and install the SmartCast Mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
- Now, open the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Follow everything the app says to connect your TV to iOS or Android device. In this process, you will give that app all access to your TV’s settings by granting necessary permissions.
- Once the connection is established, you don’t even need a remote control to watch stuff on your TV screen. You can simply do it by the SmartCast Mobile app.
Method 3 – Casting Content from a Supported App:
- Remember that a stable Wi-Fi network is a must.
- After connecting to Wi-Fi, open any supported streaming app on your smartphone or tablet. These are some examples of supported streaming apps: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and Disney+.
- There must be a cast icon within the app. This icon looks like a rectangle but with a Wi-Fi-like symbol in the corner.
- After tapping that cast icon, you will find a list of available devices. So, simply tap on your Vizio TV from that list. Your TV must be turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet.
- Now, anything you play on your mobile will also be played on the TV.
- That’s how you can enjoy the same content on the big screen with your friends and family.
So, it was a comprehensive article on “What is SmartCast on Vizio TV?”
After reading, you now know almost every important thing about SmartCast on Vizio TV. If the information wasn’t enough, ask us any queries anytime!