Do you often travel, use shared workspace, or don’t have access to fiber broadband? If so, you need to get a dongle for yourself. But what is a dongle for TV?
The dongle is a small and portable device that works as a modem when connected to the TV.
Want to know every important thing about Dongle for TV before using it?
Read this thorough guide on Dongle for TV, as it will help you a lot!
What Is A Dongle for TV?
The dongle is a device that connects the TV to the internet and streams content from popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You just need to put it in the HDMI or USB port of your TV.
With a Dongle for TV, you have the freedom to watch what you want and when you want. No need to wait for your favorite show to come.
In other words, you don’t need to buy a new smart TV just because smart TVs have streaming services (like Netflix) and internet access. This tiny device will turn your ordinary TV into a smart TV.
Isn’t it amazing?
How Does Dongle for TV Work?
Dongle has many other names like internet stick, USB modem or USB network adapter. It’s because the dongle works like them. When talking about the internet, a dongle simply works like a modem or Wi-Fi device.
On the other hand, when you say it to connect to a particular streaming app, it sends a request to the streaming service over your Wi-Fi network. That’s how you can watch whatever you want and whenever you will.
Types of Dongles for TV:
After its simple introduction and work, you must also know about the different types of dongles offered by different companies. It’ll help you determine which one to go for:
- Google Chromecast: This one is powered by Google that plugs into your TV’s HDMI port. After that, it will stream content from your phone or tablet to your TV.
- Amazon Fire Stick: Amazon fire stick will help you enjoy content from different streaming sites like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu.
- Roku Streaming Stick: This Roku dongle gives you access to thousands of channels and streaming services.
- Apple TV Stick: Only thing that makes it different from others is that it works perfectly with Apple TVs.
Note: These are the most commonly used types of dongles worldwide. So, choose one for yourself according to your TV.
Benefits of Using Dongle for TV:
Here are the benefits of a dongle for TV that’ll make you buy one:
Access to a Wide Range of Streaming Services:
The very first reason why a person buys an ultimate smart TV is that he wants to enjoy streaming services like Netflix and Hulu on the big screen. But if you don’t have enough money to go for a smart TV, a dongle for TV will do the job.
Convenience and Flexibility:
Unlike ordinary TV, here, you get the option to pause, rewind, and fast-forward any content. With this, you don’t need to stick to the screen for a particular amount of time to not miss exclusive content. It’s super helpful, especially if you are a busy person.
Want to convert your old TV into a smart TV without spending a lot? Just buy a dongle for TV and enjoy (almost) every feature of a smart TV. Always make sure you are buying a dongle that’s specially made for TV.
Dongles normally work with almost every modern TV set. It’s quite rare that a TV doesn’t support dongles.
Ease of Use:
You will see below that it’s super easy to set up a dongle for TV. It can be controlled with a special TV remote.
Picture quality isn’t a problem for it as you can watch any content with any resolution from 144p to 4K image quality.
You can take it anywhere as it’s just a small device that can even fit in the pocket.
How to Setup and Install Dongle for TV?
Now that you have made up your mind that you’ll buy a dongle for TV at any cost let’s first know how to set it up and install it in easy steps:
- This step should be done even before buying a dongle. Check the compatibility of the TV’s HDMI port that whether it’ll work with dongles or not. And then tell the shopkeeper about your TV’s port before buying the dongle.
- Now, just simply connect it to your TV through that port.
- You also need to connect your dongle device to your home’s Wi-Fi network. Every device has a different process to do it. So, read the instruction on its box and do whatever it says.
- There is a possibility that your favourite apps (like YouTube) and streaming services aren’t already installed. So, simply follow the instructions provided by your dongle manufacturer to install any apps.
- Now, as your job is done, you can use the remote control that comes with your dongle or a mobile app to navigate through the streaming apps and content.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will Dongle Work for TV Without Wi-Fi?
In fact, Wi-Fi is the most important thing you need to use Dongle for your TV.
Will Dongle Go with Any TV?
Yes and No!
The model, size, and brand of TV don’t matter in this case, but you need a TV with an HDMI port for Dongle.
What internet speed do I need to use a dongle for TV?
The dongle will work with any internet speed. The internet speed you need to use a dongle for TV will depend on the streaming quality you want to use.
So, in the end, you know every important information related to dongles for TV. This much information is enough to go and buy a device.
But still, there is a possibility that you might find yourself in an issue related to dongles. If that ever happens in the future, don’t panic, as it’s quite common. You just need to ask us for help.